Due Back...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. -C.S Lewis

Monday, January 21, 2008

I haven't updated in awhile here. I have been doing pretty good reading the books I have accumulated from paperbackswap.

When I was at my parents, my mom let me take Drowning Ruth by Christian Schwartz to read. This was an okay book. Not bad, not great. It started in such a way, however, that I had to finish it so I could know what happened. Unlike my dad I refuse to read the last couple pages before I start (he seriously does that).

Then, from paperbackswap, I had Love Finds a Home by Janette Oke sent to my mom. It was #8 int the series, but I just take them as they come available. She only needs 5, 6 and 7 and she will have the whole collection, all from paperbackswap!

Today from the library I got:
The Book of Smocking by Diana Keay. Smocking is the next area of sewing I want to tackle.

Fabric Savvy by Sandra Betzina. I've checked this book out before, but it is full of so much information I wanted to go through it again. It offers facts, sewing tips and general info for different fabrics.

Sewing Classic Clothes for Children by Kitty Benton. I think I have checked this book out a long time ago, but that was before I had a daughter to sew dresses for!

Embroidered Alphabets by Gail Lawther. Offers many different patterns for embroidering letters.

Encyclopedia of Needlework by Donna Kooler. More embroidery stuff. Basically, i'm trying to decide if I want a machine that does embroidery in the future, or if hand embroidery is something I will enjoy.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I checked out The Parting by Beverly Lewis awhile ago. I can't wait for the next one in the series!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home