Due Back...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. -C.S Lewis

Friday, October 26, 2007

Okay, first I wanted to link to this article about Philip Pullman. I actually was going to read this series! Ugh...I'm so glad I saw this at snopes.com first.

Next, here are the latest books I have ordered from paperbackswap.

Memoirs of a Geisha by Aurthur Golden. I'm always tempted to watch this movie, but I've been told to read the book instead (of course, when is a movie ever better??)

Perelandra and That Hideous Strength by C. S. Lewis. These are two of the three books from his fantasy trilogy he wrote for adults. I have the first one on my wishlist.

Winterflight by Joseph Bayly I guess this is sort of a Christian fiction 1984.

The Departed by Kathryn Mackel. I tried to order The Surrogate by her, but the sender was not responding so I canceled that and ordered this one.

Love's Enduring Promise by Janette Oke. I had this one sent to my mom.

I have to say that I feel my current fiction streak coming to an end. I'm ready to start looking for some good non-fiction, specifically some memoirs I think. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger kelly jeanie said...

I read the Philip Pullman books. The first one is pretty benign, but then the other two are blatantly anti-religion. I finished them but I'm not sure why...morbid curiosity? I had no idea of his agenda before I read them, but when I was finished he left no doubt.

I just joined Paperback Swap too! I already got a book and someone ordered one of mine today, it's so exciting! :) I need to list more to get rid of.

Amie, I'd love the link to the Christian sci-fi books. I think my e-mail is on my profile.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger kelly jeanie said...

Ah-ha, I found it on another post! Where The Map Ends. Awesome, thanks!!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Risa said...

I almost ordered Memoirs of a Geisha today but I had already ordered 4 others - 2 cookbooks so I decided I should just wait and maybe just check it out at the library.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home