Due Back...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. -C.S Lewis

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Laura Ingalls Wilder Country by William Anderson. I found this gem in the juvenile section while gathering books for the boys. It's a must for anybody who has enjoyed the Little House books. It shows pictures of and offers more info on the real places, people and things in her books. It makes me want to read the books again.

I finally got around to Harry Potter, and I wasn't disappointed. Awhile ago somebody mentioned that I might like fantasy type books after I described what kind of writing I like. I can't even remember who said it, but I think they were right. Fantasy can be so much more unpredictable (I can't stand predictably). I can say I never knew what was coming at the end of any of these books. Also, JK Rowling has such a gift for developing characters that you really care about.


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
by JK Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
by JK Rowling

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling (My Favorite)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
by JK Rowling

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
by JK Rowling

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home