Due Back...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. -C.S Lewis

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Okay...more books!

First, the latest books I've ordered from paperback.swap

The Surrogate by Kathryn Mackel. A Christian fiction thriller.

Mistletoe by Karen Ball, Barbara Jean Hicks, and Lorena McCourtney. This is a Christian romance. I generally don't like romance because what could be more predictable? But, it's by three good authors and it's a Christmas story (I love reading Christmas stories around Christmas).

Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke. I had this book sent to my mom because she wants to read those again.

The Silver Chair and The Final Battle by C.S. Lewis. I just finished reading The Lion, The Witch, ad The Wardrobe to the boys. Now we have all the books to finish the Chronicles of Narnia.

And now for my latest library books:

Crystal Lies by Melody Carlson. She is one of the authors on my list to try.

Oxygen by John B. Olson and Randall Ingermanson. Some Christian sci-fi.

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. A Newberry award winner. I'm making my way thru that list. So far I have found that they are almost all worthwhile reads.

The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier. This author creates a story to go with famous pieces of art. You might of heard of The Girl with the Pearl Earring.



Whew! A lot of books huh? Now you know why my sewing blog has been so quiet lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home