Due Back...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. -C.S Lewis

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This has been a month of sequels as most of these are sequels to other books.

The Golden Road by L.M Montgomery. I have actually had this book for over 10 years. I just needed to get my hands on The Story Girl first! It picked up right where The Story Girl left off. And c'mon it's L.M Montgomery so you know it's good!

Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. On the cover it says it is a companion to The Giver, however, I thought of it as more of a contrast. The two books share no characters. It was a really good book though.

The Messenger by Lois Lowry. Now this book tied Gathering Blue and The Giver together. Also good, although it got a bit weird at the end.

Extras by Scott Westerfeld. This is the fourth book in The Uglies series. I wasn't that anxious to read it, but it was right there at the library so I grabbed it. Turns out it was really good! Better than the second and third even.

Max by James Patterson. Okay, I know I swore I was done with this series but my curiosity got the better of me. The thing about this series is that the characters are very likable even thought the actual stories are kind of dumb.

Make Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff. This was a story about a poor girl who ends up babysitting for an even poorer teenage mom. The author painted a realistic picture of poverty, but I felt like the whole story was kind of "dumbed down" (which I'm sure is part of the effect she was going for).


The Ruins of Gorlan (The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1
) by John Flanagan. Now this was a good book. If he would of added a bit or romance, it would of been terrific!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home