Due Back...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. -C.S Lewis

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I really liked this book...until the end. One of thee most disappointing endings ever.

Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto by Mark R. Levin. My friend wanted me to read this book and it was really good.

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith.
This was a good book, sort of modern Jane Austen type story, however the ending was not nearly as satisfying as one of Jane Austens. Another disappointing ending.

The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University by Kevin Roose.
I could not put this book down! What happens when an uber liberal enrolls at Jerry Falwell's university and tries to blend in? This is a funny and intriguing book. Kevin Roose is open and honest about his experience there, he brushes it with neither an evil or good view but with an an open mind that is just trying to understand the other side and see if the "God divide" can be overcome.

Hollywood Nobody
by Lisa Samson. This was just okay. Didn't even get very interesting until the end. I don't think I will be reading the next in the series.

Deception Point
by Dan Brown. I have to hand it to Dan Brown, he can take things I have absolutely no interest in and make it into a really good story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home