Due Back...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. -C.S Lewis

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I have to get these books posted before I start forgetting some!

First, the December books that I never got around to posting.

Emma by Jane Austen. I love the movie Emma, and decided to finally read the book. Of course, it was good. It was Jane Austen.

Marley and Me by John Grogan. I bought this so I would have something to read when we drove up to the U.P on Christmas Eve. It was such a cute story!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Very good! It's the first of a trilogy, and I can't wait for the next one.

Now for the beginning of my 2009 reading. January has been a great month for reading! It's been way too cold to go many places, great weather for snuggling up and reading.

Wuthering Heights by Charlotte Bronte. Not sure what to say about this one. It's an interesting story but it would of been nice to have one character to like. Well, I guess the maid that tells the story is okay...

Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. This was like some type of John Grisham/ Da Vinci Code hybrid. Not bad.

Against Medical Advice : One Family's Struggle with and Agonizing Medical Mystery by
by James Patterson, Hal Friedman, and Cory Friedman. This was a really good memoir! You could feel the frustration of not only Cory, but of his parents, teachers and sister too. I love that they finally dediced to what they did in the end.

Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts. This has been on my "To Read" list for awhile. I really liked the movie and figured the book would be even better. It was.

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. This was a pretty good book. I wish the characters were a little more real and not so "action movie-ish".

Maximum Ride: Schools Out Forever by James Patterson. This is the second of the trilogy. Good enough that I was actually disapointed when the third book wasn't in at the library.

School of Fortune by Amanda Brown and Janice Weber. Amanda Brown is the author of Legally Blond. This was a funny book! Very cute story.

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet. This was such a sweet, and very unique, love story! Notice how many James Patterson books I've read this month? This guy is such a versatile writer! Three different genre, yet all very good.

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Wow, that's a lot of reading for January! I read Change of Heart recently too. Oh, I have Twilight on hold at the library...I keep hearing good things about that book from people who thought they'd never like it so I'm interested to see if I'll like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home