Due Back...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. -C.S Lewis

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Crossing Over: One Woman's Escape from Amish Life by Ruth Irene Garrett. This was a good story. Of course Amish life is not quite idyllic as many of the fictions books I read make it out to be.

Pride and Prescience by Carrie Bebris. I have seen many "sequels" to Pride and Prejudice, but this was the first one that I have read. It was a good, classic "who did it" mystery and the author stayed pretty true to Jane Austen's style of writing.

Pretense by Laurie Wick. This was a very long book that I slowly trudged though. I guess it was okay, but I don't think I would read it again.

Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella

Shopaholic and Sister by Sophie Kinsella.

Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella. I finally finished the Shopaholic series. It was so hard to get a hold of the second one, but once I did I read the last three right away. Now I feel a little sad that there are none left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home