Due Back...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. -C.S Lewis

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I recently purchased three books. I intended to read them on our trip, but didn't read as much as I thought I would:

The Crisis by Robin Cook. Normally, I would of had this read in two days max, but i'm just busier and more tired than usual.

A Bend in the Road by Nicolas Sparks. I started this on our trip. Its not a bad book, but there wasn't anything in it that made me pick it up yet since we got home.

Gods and Kings by Lynn Austin. I saw this on clearance at Meijer. Its a fictional account of king Hezekiah from the Bible. I just haven't been motivated to start it yet. I've read so many Bible stories turned novels in recent years (Francine Rivers, Bodie Thoene), i'm just not feeling too interested yet.

Now for the library books:

We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. I saw this on Genevieve's blog and it looked interesting.

A Christmas Story by Jean Shepherd. This book is made up of the four short stories that inspired the movie A Christmas Story, which I LOVE.

The Preacher's Daughter by Beverly Lewis. The great thing about smaller branch libraries, is that you can often find the popular books that are never in at the main library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home